The Ottawa School Food Network is a collaboration of multiple non-profit agencies and community initiatives working to increase Food Literacy and Good Food Experiential Learning within schools, city-wide: ottawaschoolfood.ca
Our vision is to ensure high food literacy for kids, youth and adults in schools.
- Provide practical food experiences students can replicate at home and in their communities
- Teach students about where food comes from, what food insecurity is and what to do about it
- Grow food indoors and outdoors, meet local farmers and cook whole foods
- Showcase food career choices to create more resilient communities in the future
- Connecting students to essential tools needed to thrive, promoting health and wealth for both our future generations and our planet.
Click on the photos to learn more about each organization